about me

We are going over land to Nepal. First Susan, her van and me to Istanbul. And from Istanbul it will be Laura, two backpacks and me. To Nepal. Without a limit in time.

woensdag 3 maart 2010

a way to nepal


From Haridwar (see former message) the journey continued.
A way to Nepal appeared to be a 40 hour bumpy sleepless busdrive from Haridwar to Kathmandu.
In the first bus to the border we passed a seemingly dead man on the streets, we didn`t help, what could we have done?
I will always remember the traffic in India as reckless, inhumane, impersonal and so extremely indifferent. This man was the last sign to rembember me of this cruel side of humanity. India contains all that is digusting and all that is noble. It`s still true.
`If we will have another leader like Gandhi, then India could become one of the most peaceful and at the same time powerful places of the whole world`, Riaz, a very nice Moslem man told me in the train. But until that time comes, until that man or woman takes up the honest task of purifying India and uncovering the most beautiful powers that are now mostly hidden under open sewers and poverty, it will stay dirty and interesting, powerful and dumb, lively and dull, smelly and tasty, inspiring and exhausting, spiritual and deadly,noisy and silent.

After the first busride, we crossed the border on a cycleriksha, stopped at four or five immigrationoffices at the side of the road (a table outside, a man and a big old book), drove over the neck of a duck and left it halfdead at the side of the road (another last sign of how indifferent we all can be), paid the rikshadriver in our tiredness and out of my Nepali/Indian-rupee-confusion maybe five times what he should`ve earned, ate our first Nepali meal that made us feel a bit sick and got on the second bus that would eventually bring us to where we are heading to for already some months. Nepal, the Himalaya`s, the purity of the mountains. Nature, it`s something I have been missing on this trip.
We met such beautiful people, heard such amazing heartwarming stories, I deepened my yogapractice, we`ve seen different religions, mosques, temples. We`ve been invited by people who I will never be able to forget even if I would close my eyes and try really really hard. We`ve seen amazing cities and learned about their history.
But nature was missing (Laura has seen more of it in India of course during our 6-weeks seperation).
That`s what we are going to make up for now. Starting our trek (the Annapurna round) on the 6th of march to finish it 20 days later.
I probably won`t have the possibility to write during that time. But know we are enjoying it because there is no other way.

After that Laura and me will part.
What our plans are, you will read when we come back. Especially for me, the mountains still have to give me a little advise on my near future. But the plan is there, as always.

Namaste

And warm Belgium up for us

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten